Image Map

December 8, 2009

Two Tips Tuesday

Tip #1: Have a Cozy, Christmas Tea with a Friend

You probably don't know this about me but I love anything having to do with tea. I collect teapots though they went in boxes when children came on the scene. I was hooked when I learned all the elements that make up a tea. What hit me the most is that having tea makes you stop the busyness of life. So I am going to encourage you to try this during the Christmas season. It may not be your thing but humor me. It takes little effort and all I ask is you try it...
  • Invite a special friend or two to tea. Send an invitation to make it fun.
  • Dress up your table with a tablecloth. You don't need "tea" things to give attention to a table. But put a tablecloth on it, set it with cups, sugar bowl, creamer, and a little plate for goodies. Use cloth napkins if you have them and set out a teapot or carafe.
  • Have flowers or some other Christmas centerpiece.
  • Now here is the super cool thing...if you don't like tea, no worries! Have coffee, hot chocolate, spiced cider, etc. It is the EXPERIENCE that matters. Take your coffee pot straight from the coffeemaker and pour it into cups if you have to.
  • Make or buy fresh fruit, muffins, scones, little pastries, etc. A few treats is all you need.
  • Make or buy a thoughtfuil gift (like an ornament).
  • Now chit chat for an hour or two. I promise you it will refresh you and make you feel truly connected with the friends or family sitting beside you.
  • You can even try this alone and curl up with a good book. There is something so special about making a cup of tea or coffee an event rather than a morning ritual and when you share it with friends, it is such a lovely time.

Tip #2: Showing some Christmas Spirit

I love that this season is another opportunity to think beyond ourselves to bless someone else. Here are some ideas...

  • Bake cookies and give them to neighbors you don't know very well.
  • Adopt a grandparent at a local retirement home and visit them during the season and after.
  • Volunteer at a shelter on Christmas day for an hour or two.
  • Bring home a friend who is alone this Christmas and include them in all your festivities.
  • Get a group together to go caroling. Its fun. Yes, you may feel stupid but you laugh a lot.
  • Offer to wrap presents for a single mom who works full time or even get together with a group to give gift cards or monetary gifts to several single moms.
  • Have your child's class at school or Sunday school make cards for soldiers overseas to send during Christmas.
  • Sponsor a foster child (near and dear to my heart) with gifts this Christmas.
  • Pay for the car behind you in a drive thru.
  • Give blood.
  • Let someone go before you in line or give someone else the closer parking spot.
  • Reconnect with a friend you lost touch with over the last few years.

Happy Tuesday Sweet Friends!

7 comments:

  1. I love a good list and these are awesome. I will be using them. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hummm never been a fan of tea...maybe i could invite myself over for a party. I'll make toffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Jess!! I was totally envisioning having you over for tea, but what about the kids? I really don't want the kids if we're going to hang out and drink tea. You know? ha ha. Starting Dec. 18th Spirit FM is doing "the drive thru difference". Thanks for sharing such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, looks like my first comment wasn't published. I found your blog from Shabby Blogs. I love your tips for getting in the Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When are you inviting me???????????
    xo
    Jennifer N

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a Christmas Tea with my two girlfriends, Tea, cookies and two small presents for each of them. We did it last year also and hope to make it a tradition. At the end we take a few pictures in front of my Christmas tree!

    Kim
    http://kimberly-kimberlyskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!