Image Map

April 8, 2014

All You Magazine: Confetti Cork Frame DIY

So guess what?  This cute frame was in All You magazine...in December.  Can you believe it has taken me this long to post about it?  But thankfully it was a project you can do any time of the year. I was part of their fun Take This, Make That challenge where they ask two craft bloggers to take a material (in this case it was wine corks) and make a project for under $5 and in under 5 steps. 
Here is how I did mine...

 Materials: Unfinished wood frame, paint, paintbrushes, hot glue, box cutter, wine corks
 Step 1.  Paint your unfinished frame (I did 2 coats)
 Step 2:  Cut your corks into slices using a really sharp box cutter knife or X-acto knife. 
 Step 3:  Paint your cork slices different colors and let dry.
Step 4:  Hot glue your painted cork slices to your frame.

Step 5: Display your pretty, colorful frame!

Click Here for a link to the this 5 x 7 size printable. :)

It was a lot of fun making this and you could use other materials to create this great, modern circle look. Try small punched circles in different colors and mod podge them to your frame.  It would look just as good, if not better and take out the step of cutting and painting the corks.

Here's a quick shot from the magazine. (I cant find it online at the moment).  It was super fun to be paired up with Kim from The Celebration Shoppe too. She's amazing.

Have a great week my friends!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! The colors are so so happy! You make it look simple, but I think that's just another part of your genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea!! Thank you for sharing!!!

    atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I love colourful confetti circles, and using corks to get them is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!